I am sorry I haven’t posted in a while, would you believe me if I told you I had been helping with the creation of a book!?!? You may have seen me talk about Fallons Hope 8) I am sorry I haven’t been as active as I wanted to be, however my life circumstances have changed and things should be on the slow down now, I tag bookishbitchsblog and Shruti | This is Lit 🤓
1 – HAVE YOU EVER DAMAGED A BOOK?
Not that I can remember, I know I have never damaged a book purposefully and with me taking one everywhere they get the odd rough and wear, though I now use bookbags, so my books are now much better protected! (Thank you Fairyloot.)
2 – HAVE YOU EVER DAMAGED A BORROWED BOOK?
Absolutely not! One of my biggest shames is losing a borrowed book however I did replace it! Also I have acquired many a library book due to all the moving I did when I was younger. I still feel kinda bad for that too.
3 – HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO READ A BOOK?
Between 7-10 days. Depending on the size of the book. I work full time, I blog in my spare time, most of my reading is done in bed or during my lunch break. So, with little time, I am trying out audiobooks (it’s a work in progress) and reading on the kindle app as it is much easier to read and walk when it’s on your phone.
4 – BOOKS THAT YOU HAVEN’T FINISHED?
So this year I am yet to finish 2 books and several series.
- The Axemans Jazz – this one is for my 2018 Book Challenge and its a great idea for a book and I love the Axeman Of New Oleans story but this book is a little slow and I stopped enjoying it so I stopped reading. I will be returning to this book before the end of the year.
- A Court Of War & Ruin – I was loving this book, and then around 200 pages in I realised everyone was too happy and the enemy had retreated briefly and something awful was going to happen! So, like an utter coward, I stopped reading!
- Mortal Engines. I read Mortal Engines for my book challenge 2018, however there are 7 books in total; 4 in the Mortal Engines Quartet and 3 prequels. The remaining 6 are in my TBR and I am interested in reading more however with the Mortal Engines movie coming out this year I’m probably not going to re-visit that world this year.
- A Court of ***. As said above. I’m a coward.
- Shadow & Bone Series. I found myself in a reading slump in June and for my birthday I received the new editions of the Shadow & Bone Series. So I dropped what I was attempting to read and picked up the first, Shadow & Bone, my reading slump vanished and with King Of Scars coming around soon, I will definitely be revisiting.
5 – HYPED/POPULAR BOOKS YOU DIDN’T LIKE
I will never read certain popular books. The Twilight Series has never interested me and neither has The 50 Shades series. I haven’t read a hyped/popular book I didn’t like yet. I read Flame In The Mist by Renee Ahdieh which I didn’t enjoy and also read Given To The Sea by Mindy McGinnis which wasn’t my kind of thing either.
6 – IS THERE A BOOK YOU WOULDN’T TELL ANYONE YOU’RE READING?
No. Not that I can think of. I would skip over certain details within books when talking to specific people. But I wouldn’t lie about what I’m reading!
7 – HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU OWN?
Maybe three hundred. Digitally and physically. I’ve easily bought half that amount this year.
8 – ARE YOU A FAST OR A SLOW READER?
I’m a slow reader. I like to take my time with books. Dependent on the book, subject matter and reading position I may be a bit quicker, I am faster with physical books over digital. It’s my preference though.
9 – DO YOU LIKE TO BUDDY READ?
The only buddy I read with is my neighbour. We start our Fairyloot books at the same time and try to finish together, maybe 3 times a year. But I am not a group activity kind of person! And neither is she. So buddy reading 121 but I wouldn’t be keen on group sessions.
10 – IF YOU WERE ONLY ALLOWED TO OWN ONE BOOK. WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman. Every single time. This might be my favourite book forever. For me Good Omens is my favourite book and story. I love how dated it is, how British it is and how all the characters meet at one point or another, all with the same intentions but with no idea.
Thanks for tuning in again bookworms, future, scheduled posts will be filling your inbox soon! Pinky promise 😉
Happy Days Bookworms 8)